What can you do about Safety? Selling real estate can be a fun and rewarding profession, but it can also be extremely risky due to the large number of strangers that you may have to meet alone.
These statistics are for incidents that occurred while brokers were on the job:
- Since 2003, an average of 74 real estate professionals have been murdered on the job annually in the U.S.
- In 2011 – 153 real estate professionals were the victims of sexual assault in the U.S.
This course covers basic safety and security issues. Real estate brokers will learn to:
- Identify situations that may put the property, client, and broker at risk.
- Practice safer methods of dealing with unknown clients.
- Know some basic ways to deter crime from identity to property theft.
- Understand the importance of reporting incidents.
- “Great information on safety and how to keep us all safe”, Mary Emert
- “Relevant, useful info, good ideas”, Johanna Craig
- “Translates generalities to specifics”, William Burns